EP Henry Corporation, a recognized industry leader and manufacturer of Hardscaping™ and architectural unit concrete products, is seeking a Customer Service/Counter Sales (Assistant Manager) in our Ledgewood, NJ location.
This role is responsible for providing counter sales and customer service at EP Henry’s Hardscaping Distribution / Retail Center . Areas of responsibility will include all aspects of inside/counter sales and service to the customer base (design professionals, contractors and homeowners/general public) either face to face or on the phone, providing estimates, editing and entering orders, processing and collecting payments, as well as coordinating delivery/dispatching of product. Operate forklift and other yard equipment In addition this role will involve inventory verification and reconciliation, troubleshooting problems and supporting the General Manager and field sales organization as needed. This job may assume some supervisory responsibilities in absence of General Manager.
- Provide superior customer service skills in all interactions with customer base (contractors, homeowners, general public)
- Provides quotes and estimates on projects
- Responds to phone requests from customers/dealers, design professionals, contractors and re-sellers.
- Answers customer’s questions and assists in closing sales opportunities at the Hardscaping Center.
- Supports field sales organization as needed.
- Enters orders.
- Prepares and prints shipping tags/labels and shipping invoices
- Collects and processes payments
- Coordinates delivery of product
- Checks and verifies loads that are being shipped.
- Performs cycle counts and verifies inventory stocked
- Troubleshoots problems
- Responds to either Inter-company or customer requests to transfer materials and adjusts inventory records accordingly.
- Operate forklift and other yard equipment (front end loader, dump truck) as needed
- Performs housekeeping activities such as sweeping and doing general routine maintenance in Yard.
- Lifts product as needed up to 100 pounds.
- Will operate company vehicles to pick up or retrieve product and visit/meet with customers as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Previous Hardscaping Industry/product knowledge is preferred.
- Experience in a position that deals directly with customers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work extended work schedule including Saturdays as needed.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Ability to operate Forklift and other Yard equipment
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, square footage, and percent
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to speak effectively, clearly and professionally
- Ability to schedule delivery of product.
- Familiarity with J.D. Edwards System and/or similar warehouse/inventory system applications along with Point of Sales systems.
- Requires ability to perform clerical duties; filing, data entry, working with spreadsheets and database. Must have familiarity with most types of modern office equipment including copiers, computers, printers, phones and fax machines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Must have a high school diploma/GED
- Associates Degree is a plus
EP Henry offers a rewarding work environment, excellent wage and benefit package. Please visit our website at www.ephenry.com to learn more about us. If you are interested in joining a company with a strong future, we encourage you to forward your resume along with salary history to email@example.com EP Henry takes pride in our diverse workforce